Monday 19 December 2011

Semester One at Winch

The first semester of university is over... it flew by, and felt like a million years all at once. Goodbye's are always the hardest for me, leaving college and my close family friends behind proved to be one of the biggest challenges for me; my problem is I get too attached, I don't deal with change. But, going to University has been the biggest change in my life- moving away from home, (something I never thought I would hear myself say) becoming an independent woman, and beginning the journey and training into becoming a Journalist.

I have noticed a change in myself as a person too, I can safely say I have gone through all of my educational years staying true to myself and not changing for anyone. If anything, uni has made me a better person, I am far more appreciative of the smallest things in life, good company, exquisite food, meaningful hugs and to treasure every moment with the ones I love.

This semester has displayed a wide scope of different aspects in a Journalistic future. From media- to learning the law which was the most interesting for me- to philosophy which although seemed insane at the time has begun to make sense- to learning to write for papers and radio script- to learning shorthand which I wish we continued, achieving 40wpm- to precision English. Wow, we've covered a lot in 3 months, this just makes me excited for the upcoming 3 years!

I'm ashamed to say it, but I even got my first job this year. Earning money and tackling study really did make me feel as though I have grown up. Working at the Christmas Market selling mulled wined, and various Christmas delights including mince pies and stollen, was a pleasurable experience with interesting characters.
 I have made many memories being enclosed in this cute chalet
all of which I will look back upon fondly. 
Winch is now my second home, I love the cute town, the beautiful scenery and historical presence, I even accept the hills... I finally feel more settled but coming back to my real home couldn't be sweeter. I've missed it, it really has made me realise that where ever we may be and who we may be with, our loved ones are forever in our hearts and we should make the most of it all.

 live love laugh
2011 has been a year I'll never forget. Bring on 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment