Friday 30 September 2011

Shorthand

I was going to take some time out to catch up on Eastenders, but I just couldn't get the alien looking symbols of Shorthand out of my head. I woke up this morning looking forward to our first Shorthand lesson, 4 hours of going through the alphabet made me feel like I was back at primary school... only with it not being so simple, and endless exceptions to words and squiggles swimming in my head. 10 pages later, full of lines, dots, dashes, crosses (black spots) and generally to any normal person mess, I can thankfully say I've picked up the alphabet quicker then I thought. Then it all took a turn for the worst, and shorthand evidently is a memory game; certain symbols with quadruple meanings and endless rules of thumb or should I say 'thm' as written in the skeleton form, just have to be learnt. So 30 minutes everyday it is for me!

Right my brain is boiling over, and so is my pasta bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment