Thursday 14 March 2013

WINOL 13/3/13

This week I teamed up with fellow court reporter Luke Garratt to cover the Chris Huhne and Vicky Pryce sentencing. Luke did a fantastic and heroic job of getting to Southwark Crown Court and surviving the media scrum! I worked on getting reaction from the Lib Dems, and as expected they did not want to comment on camera. Therefore, I got some vox pops from the Eastleigh constituency to add some public reaction to the package. We also filmed all the national papers, as it made front page of nearly every single paper. This worked well as GVs to accompany the voice over and illustrate the story. In addition we used archive footage from 2011. This story made top story as it was the biggest national and local story. Watch it in the bulletin below.

This week I decided I wanted to give presenting a go, the only previous presenting experience I had was from the Live Eastleigh By-Elections coverage, so I wanted to give the WINOL bulletin a go. I felt I was a lot calmer then the Live show, I really enjoyed presenting, it is something I hope to do in the future. I definitely want to keep practising in order to build confidence on camera, and present more comfortably. If you missed the WINOL bulletin watch it here:


No comments:

Post a Comment