Saturday 9 March 2013

Eastleigh By Election Highlights



Here are the highlights of our coverage of the Eastleigh by-election. The show was on air live at 10pm which was streamed on Ustream, reaching a peak of 1600 viewers! We stayed on air until the results were annouced around 2am. I was extremely proud of the hard work that had gone in to make the night a success. For all of those involved in both the run up to the show, and the entire nights coverage we worked as a team creating a project that no other student course has ever done before. We had breaking news from inside our newsroom with the latest updates on the social media, an outside broadcast and Skype to the count and in studio guests from the four main parties that joined in on studio discussions.

This was an extremely valuable experience for me, I was the presenter for the first hour show; this was the first time I had ever done any presenting, and with it being Live, I was extremely nervous. I set myself the challenge, something outside of my comfort zone to push myself into trying new skills and a different role from the usual reporting that I do. It certainly will be an experience I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment